Offered in English
This evening we’re taking you on a dreamy journey straight from a fairy tale!
In this experience, your guide picks you up at 3 PM by Qom’s city gate (Haftad-o-Do Tan Square), and after a short drive we reach our destination. Qom’s desert has one of the clearest skies in Iran, making it the second-best candidate throughout the country for building an observatory.
Here, we provide you with astronomy binoculars that help you enjoy a bright and magnified view of all the stars above. What’s more, there will be a knowledgeable astronomer on site to give your experience that much more depth, and help you make sense of all the celestial objects you see.
Keep in mind that all this takes place by a hundreds-of-years old historical firetemple, making it a night full of history, universe, culture, and wonder. This ancient pilgrimage site is located in Nevis Village, one of the oldest and greenest villages of Qom.
For the night, depending on your preferences, we can either camp there in the desert, or go to the nearby eco-lodge.
- Transportation from the city to the desert and back
- English-speaking guide
- Astronomy expert
- A whole night of stargazing
- Visit to a desert historical site
- Snacks (sandwich rolls, fruit)
- Drinks (fruit juice, bottled water)
- Proper shoes for walking
- A lightly packed backpack
- Any medications you need to take
- Bottled water
- Comfortable clothes for the night
- Something warm to put on incase it gets too chilly
- Camping tent and equipment (if you wish to spend camp for the night)
- Qom's night sky
- Qom's historical village